Us donate vaccine to malaysia - US donating seven million Covid

IMAGE: "This will take time, but the President has directed the Administration to use all the levers of the U.

Of the remaining surplus vaccines, six million will be heading to South and Central America, and another five million to Africa, in coordination with the African Union.

The United States will not use its vaccines to secure favors from other countries.

Read more COVID-19 vaccine stories: Follow Mashable SEA on , , , and.

One million U.S. vaccine doses due in Malaysia on Monday

When you do the math, six countries in Southeast Asia will be receiving these donated vaccines through the COVAX initiative.

In detailing its plans for sharing the 80 million US vaccine doses globally, the fact sheet said 75 per cent would be shared through Covax while the remaining 25 per cent would be shared for immediate needs and to help deal with countries facing surges of Covid-19 cases, countries in need and those that had requested immediate US assistance.

From door-to-door, the journey spanned only four days in complete compliance with stringent handling and storage requirements.

IMAGE: In places like Malaysia, where the National COVID-19 Immunization Program has taken on a lot of flak from all sides for its tardy, inefficient rollout, this comes as welcome news.

The first cross-border vaccine sharing agreements the U.

The fact sheet said nearly 19 million or at least 75 per cent of the initial 25 million vaccine doses would be shared through the international Covid-19 vaccine-sharing initiative Covax.

National Immunisation Programme coordinating minister Khairy Jamaluddin said Malaysia hopes to continue working with US and other countries to secure access for more vaccines.

Description: On Friday, it said it would ship 4 million doses of Moderna Inc's COVID-19 vaccine to Indonesia as soon as possible via the COVAX global vaccine sharing program as that country battles a surge of cases.

Views: 507 Date: 29.08.2022 Favorited: 183 favorites
Category: DEFAULT

User Comments 3

Post a comment

The shipment was made possible via the COVAX global vaccine sharing programme that aims to accelerate global equitable access to immunisation against the pandemic.
Among other things, the US said it would prepare for surges and prioritise healthcare workers and other vulnerable populations based on public health data and acknowledged best practice, but said its donating of Covid-19 vaccine doses is not to get favours.
According to the statement, 19 million doses roughly 75 percent of the initial 25 million doses would be shared viaa global COVID-19 vaccine sharing initiative backed by the World Health Organization WHO.

Hot Categories

Latest Comments

    United States Contributes 1 Million Pfizer Vaccine Doses to Malaysia’s COVID-19 Response (Photo: U.S. Embassy Kuala Lumpur) Kuala Lumpur – On Monday, July 5th , 2021, the United States was pleased to deliver one million life-saving jabs of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine to assist Malaysia in fighting the COVID-19 pandemic.
    By: Barthezz_Brick|||||||||
    KUALA LUMPUR, June 4 — The US plans to make an initial donation of seven million doses of Covid-19 vaccine to countries in Asia, including Malaysia, the US government said in a fact sheet yesterday.
    By: esteban--dido|||||||||
    (Reuters pic) WASHINGTON: One million donated doses of the Covid-19 vaccine developed by Pfizer Inc’s BioNTech will arrive in Malaysia on Monday, White House officials said, with plans for more .
    By: Erick_Swan|||||||||
    537,139,390. President Biden is committed to leading an international and coordinated vaccine effort, and announced that the United States will provide 1.2 billion doses of safe, effective vaccines to meet global needs. As of May 2, the United States, through coordinated efforts with Gavi and bilateral agreements, has delivered more than 500.
    By: djponpon|||||||||
    KUALA LUMPUR (May 11): The United States (US) Department of Commerce’s Secretary Gina M Raimondo and Malaysia’s Senior Minister for International Trade and Industry Datuk Seri Mohamed Azmin Ali signed the US-Malaysia Memorandum of Cooperation (MOC) on Semiconductor Supply Chain Resilience.The MOC aims to provide guiding principles for both nations as they collaborate on strengthening the.
    By: daviduu||||||||| - 2022
DISCLAIMER: All models on adult site are 18 years or older. has a zero-tolerance policy against ILLEGAL pornography. All galleries and links are provided by 3rd parties. We have no control over the content of these pages. We take no responsibility for the content on any website which we link to, please use your own discretion while surfing the porn links.
Contact us | Privacy Policy | 18 USC 2257 | DMCA